Join Waitlist We will inform you when the product arrives in stock. Just leave your valid email address below.
Email Quantity We won't share your address with anybody else.

Butternut Squash Bisque


Question. How long is too long before taking down Christmas decorations? One week, two, a month?? This reminds me of the “no white pants after labor day” debacle. Does anyone really know the answer?

I tend to air on the side of caution. I let the decorations stay up the week after Christmas. It seems to make time freeze for a solid seven days. The kids get along, we play Christmas music, keep baking, and do our best not to fall back into a normal routine. After that week though, it’s like my internal clock can’t handle it. I have to put everything else back and get ready for the new year! Something inside me wants change. I craves it. My husband can vouch for this. I’m the one always wanting to rearrange the furniture. Try a new recipe. Get a new hair style. Go on vacation to a new place we’ve never been. Create goals for the new year and find a way to make them happen.

He’s on board 90% if the time. The other 10% is made up of conversations like this.

Thad: “Why do you want to re-arrange the furniture?”

Me: “I want to clean behind the couch and see if it looks better rotated like this!”

Thad: “So in your plan no one can see the tv and we all face the window?”

Me: ……..

Thad: “What if we just move the couches, clean behind them and then move them back?”

Me: “Fine. But we don’t even need a tv so maybe next time we can try that.”

I really do sound amusing at times. While I’ll probably always fight us owning a TV, it remains clear that I nee Thad to bring balance to my incessant need for change. Sometimes I want change just because, and that’s not a very good answer. I tell my nine-year old that all the time.

Embracing Change

While some struggle to embrace change, I tend to struggle with things staying the same. The irony is I’ve lived in the same town my whole life. I’ve moved twice, and each time it was no more than two blocks away. My kids go to the same school I went to. I think there’s a reason for this. I’ve been trying to learn that lesson for the last 30 years. When I want so desperately to change things, there a lot of valuable reasons to keep things the same. That balance is something I want to really figure out. I am constantly working to appreciate the things that stay the same as well as the things that change.

Have Some Bisque

When I’m having my deepest thoughts, I bake. It soothes me like nothing else. This bisque came from all those thoughts you just read plus the want for more soup recipes! So far I have Split Pea Soup and Chicken, Veggie & Rice Soup.

This soup was so fun to make and absolutely delicious. If you love getting the texture perfect, I suggest having a blender on hand. That’s what I did and it turned out just right. Enjoy this butternut squash bisque, it is the envy of all bisques!

Butternut Squash Bisque

Category: Clean Eating, Main Dishes, Paleo, Real Food Recipes

Servings: 6-8 servings

Butternut Squash Bisque


  • 1 lb. diced or 1 medium butternut squash
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 32 oz. bone broth *I use this recipe
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 2 carrots, peeled and diced
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 tsp fresh rosemary


  1. Preheat the oven at 350° . If using a whole squash as opposed to pre-diced from the store, make sure you cut it in half length wise. Then "gut" it by scraping the seeds out.
  2. Combine the diced veggies in a roasting pan. This included the squash, onions, celery, carrots, and garlic. You can leave the garlic whole so long as it is peeled.
  3. Sprinkle the salt, pepper and cayenne on the veggies.
  4. Drizzle olive oil over all of it.
  5. Roast for an hour.
  6. Check to make sure they are cooked through by piercing them with a fork. It should go through softly.
  7. Now add all veggies into a blender and pour the bone broth over it. I use a Vitamix because it purees soups perfectly. You can get one here.
  8. Blend on high until you've reached the desired texture. Mine blended about 2 minutes in total. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Powered by Zip Recipes


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *